Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana (PTDY) Public Notice

Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana (PTDY)



Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana (PTDY)

Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana (PTDY)"  is an important initiatives of Government of India for the elder generation Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) in the age group of 45-65 years living/residing in Girmitiya countries (Fiji, Guyana, Mauritius, South Africa, Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago, Reunion Island), providing an opportunity to reconnect with their root. The programme may be available for those Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) in Girmitiya countries who belong to lower income group and are unable to afford to visit India. It is expected that the programme will be useful in propagating India-tourism amongst other PIOs and foreigners encouraging them to visit India at their own cost. Government of India had introduced “Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana (PTDY)” in the Financial Year 2018-19.

2.Highlights of the Scheme are as below:

(i)The PTDY will be applicable to PIOs in the age group of 45-65 years from 07 Girmitiya countries (Fiji, Guyana, Mauritius, South Africa, Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago, Reunion Island) subject to having the medical fitness certificate. Any change in the list of countries can be made with the approval of EAM at any time. The applicant should be first time visitor to India.

(ii)Applicant must be from the low-income group or must be in a financial position where they would otherwise be unable to pay for travel to India on their own accord.

(iii)There would be two groups visiting this year. One in November-December, 2019-20 and the second in February-March, 2019-20. Each group would comprise 40 PIOs. Duration of each tour will be of 15 days including day of arrival and departure.

(iv)90% of the cost of international airfare will be borne by the Ministry and the remaining 10% cost will be borne by the PIO himself/herself. Visa will be issued gratis.

(v)Complete local hospitality including hotel accommodation (04 Star hotel), all meals and local transportation will be provided by the Ministry of External Afffairs, Government of India. The tour could be undertaken by Train (Two tier AC Coach) in coordination with IRCTC.

3.The 1st and 2nd Edition of PTDY were successfully organized in the FY 2018-19. In its series, the Government has decided to organize 3rd and 4th editions of this programme  during the Financial year 2019-20 as per schedule given below :-

S. No.

No. of PTDY

Visiting Sites / Places

Duration of PTDY

Last date of online  submission of

applications on KIP Portal.


3rd PTDY

Delhi, Varanasi, Allahabad, Agra, Ajmer, Patna, Gaya, Chennai, Madurai, Trivandrum, Kochi and Pondicherry.

22 November - 08 December 2019

15th October, 2019.


4th PTDY

14 February - 01 March, 2020

31st December, 2019.

4.The 3rd and 4th editions of this programme have already been announced on KIP portal (